So, I was adopted by a loving, Christian family. Still I had to do dialysis, but not for too long. God the Creator, all Powerful blessed me with a kidney six months after arriving. Amazing! Then I started to grow, healthy, strong, started to like American food, and my new parents took me to church every Sunday.
As I grew older I struggled with obedience. I was angry most of the time and was unkind to my parents. I just wanted to be left alone and nobody to rule over me. Usually I didn't get alone well with my Mom. She was only trying to help me with my heart issues. She would point me to the cross. How Jesus came to earth to die for the sins of the world and me. "For God so loved the world that He gave us his Only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.'' And "For the wages of sin is death But the gift of God is eternal life." And she would say to me, ''Maria, God loves you so much and he has plans for you. I love you, I want what's best for you!'' Tears would come to my eyes because I disliked what she was saying to me. I wanted to hurt myself. I was hurt in many ways. My knew parents didn't know all about me, I kept things to myself. I knew about God, but I didn't want to believe it. Then before I turned 16 years old everything changed in my life.
Maria! You've left me hanging! Can't wait to read what happened just before you turned 16.
ReplyDelete