Friday, May 31, 2013

Memories 4

Time passed. About when I was 7 or 8, my Grandpa went to visit friends or family in another village. I stayed behind with a neighbor family and also not to miss school.  He instructed me to obey them and to work hard whatever needed to be done. And he left. I felt lonely as time went by. I was tired of being bossed around. One day the dogs were barking and barking until my neighbor man got out of bed in the middle of the night with a gun. The neighbor woman lit up the candle. We kids got up with a start and were wide awake. The oldest daughter got up and came to tell us the good news. They  were very excited, more than I was. It was their son who came home. I don't know from where. But he had brought many new things from some place that we don't often get. So it was special treats that he brought. Later on they came to bed. The youngest son came and told me about him. I was too tired and had fallen asleep. Every night and day we waited for my Grandpa's return. Later I got an opportunity to  see Lucio who had come home the other day. I was hesitant to go in the kitchen. He looked at me and asked who I was. So it was explained by his mother. He told me to come in and that he won't bite. I just went somewhere else pretending I had to do something. Slowly each day I  got tired, weak and longing for my Grandpa to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment